IdahoSTARS strives to ensure that Idaho’s children have access to the highest quality early care and education by supporting health, safety, and nutrition practices in child care through the Child Care Health Consultant (CCHC) Program.
The Idaho CCHC Program Supports Child Care Providers by:
- Offering guidance and resources on a variety of health, safety, and nutrition topics.
- Communicating health and safety requirements for state and local licensing and National Health and Safety Standards.
- Providing health, safety, and nutrition training and onsite coaching.
- Helping create environments that best support the healthy growth and development of every young child.
To Access the CCHC Program
- Contact your local Child Care Resource Center.
- Ask for a referral from your local health inspector.
- Enroll in Idaho’s Quality Rating and Improvement System, Steps to Quality.
- Call the Idaho Care Line by dialing 2-1-1, or 1-800-926-2588, and request the Child Care Health Consultant Program.
To locate a Child Care Health Consultant in your area, call the 2-1-1 Idaho Care Line by dialing 2-1-1, or 1-800-926-2588, and request the Child Care Health Consultant Program .