Bringing the Protective Factors Framework to Life in Your Work
- Protective Factors: Introduction to the Protective Factors
- Protective Factors: Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Protective Factors: Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Protective Factors: Parental Resilience
- Protective Factors: Social Connections
- Protective Factors: Social and Emotional Competence
- Protective Factors: Moving from Knowledge to Action: Wrap-up Course
These free Strengthening Families online trainings are each worth 2 hours in Component 10 with the exception of the 7th training which is worth 3 hours. This curriculum includes new materials on partnering with parents and addresses promising strategies to strengthen families for practitioners in multiple settings. Each course includes a number of quizzes, activities and reflective questions. With a mix of written text, video and audio clips and opportunities to interact with the material, the courses are designed to keep the learner engaged. An online forum on the course site will allow learners to interact with each other, ask questions about what they are learning and respond to others’ questions.
Upon completion of a training, mail or fax a copy of your certificate to:
IdahoSTARS Training Office
Center on Disabilities and Human Development
University of Idaho
1187 Alturas Dr
Moscow, Idaho 83843-8331
To receive training hours you must complete the Reflective Evaluation two weeks after the training.
Please note: you may be asked to submit your portfolio for review.