Available via: Video Online
This course covers the steps to help child care providers prepare for incidents to ensure the safety of the children at their site. Child care providers must have plans and procedures to keep children safe from everyday hazards and to respond and recover when an emergency happens. The goal of this course is to provide child care providers, with businesses of all sizes, and with responsibility for children of all ages, with the knowledge and tools to analyze the hazards and threats at their site, to develop a plan to address these hazards and threats, and to implement processes to update and practice the emergency plan. The topics addressed in this course include: knowing your hazards, developing a plan, and testing and updating your plan.
Note: There are 3 videos for this training.
- Describe why it is important to be prepared
- Identify hazards and threats that impact your child care site
- Describe how to prevent or mitigate the impact of likely and high-consequence hazards and threats
- Describe procedures for when an emergency occurs
- Identify how your child care site will recover from an emergency
- Describe how to develop and maintain your plan
- Describe how you will communicate, train, and practice preparedness procedures
- Identify the emergency preparedness information you will share with your community
- Describe when to update your plan
Additional course materials: (selection depends on the size of the business)