Idaho Child Care Program

The Idaho Child Care Program (ICCP) provides assistance to low income families to help pay child care costs. The purpose of the program is to support families working toward or maintaining employment. Eligibility is based on household income and family size.

You may qualify for ICCP assistance if you need child care because you have a child under the age of thirteen, or age thirteen or older with special needs, and you:

  • work, attend school or are part of an approved training program
  • support a foster child
  • receive Temporary Assistance for Families in Idaho (TAFI).

Find out how to apply and check the maximum monthly income limits at the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare website.

ICCP Payments

Parents pay a portion of the cost of child care, called a "co-pay." The co-pay is paid by the parent to the provider monthly.

The amount ICCP pays is based on:

  • The number of hours the parents are working, going to school or participating in approved activities.
  • Household income.
  • An established state rate, which varies according to age of child, type of care, and location of provider.

If a provider charges more than the state rate, parents must pay the difference, as well as their co-pay.

The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare has outlined the ICCP co-pay structure and income limits.

Parent Rights and Responsibilities

While participating in ICCP you have the right to

  • choose who will care for your children
  • determine the hours your children are in child care
  • visit your children while they are in child care
  • speak with your child care provider during regular business hours.

To remain eligible for ICCP you must report:

  • when your child no longer requires child care
  • if you move
  • changes in the members of your household
  • increases in your income
  • selection of a new child care provider.

If you do not report these changes, it may result in overpayment and lead to a fraud penalty.

If any actions are taken against you by the Department of Health and Welfare, you have 30 days to request a fair hearing if you disagree. Check the Department's Appeals and Fair Hearings page for more information.

For more information about child care assistance, visit the Child Care Resources page or dial 2-1-1.