Under the Professional Development System (PDS), child care providers and/or directors/owners can be eligible for incentives.
Anniversary Incentive Form
You can apply for incentives once you are a part of the PDS Registry and have completed 15 hours of IdahoSTARS approved training or 1 college semester credit towards Early Childhood Education within 12 months from your registration date. After your first 12 month anniversary, and each anniversary thereafter, you are eligible to apply for an anniversary incentive. Once you are approved for an incentive you will receive a check in the mail.
Steps to Complete the Anniversary/Pathway Level Move/Essential Training Award Application
Step 1: Check eligibility
- Be Enrolled in the Professional Development System Registry
- Work in a child care program in Idaho designed to care for children while parents or guardians work or attend school.
- Work in a child care program with operating hours that extend beyond a preschool only or academic (K-6th grade) school day.
- Work with children, staff and parents a minimum of 15 hours/week or 780 hours/year.
- For Annual Anniversary Incentive: Complete 15 hours of IdahoSTARS approved training or 1 college semester credit in early childhood education or related field during your anniversary cycle.
- For Career Pathway Level Move: Submit transcripts or a diploma for an education degree completed OR 12 early childhood education credits after joining the Professional Development System. Make sure your transcripts include graduation date, major and year.
- For Essential Training: Complete all trainings within each Essential Training series
- IMPORTANT: Check your IdahoSTARS Training Log to ensure all training hours are included on the log (click here to log-in)
- If any training hours are not reported on the training log work with the Training Office to ensure the log is complete.
- If a distance learning certificate from CARE Course, Child Care Education Institute (CCEI), Smart Horizons, or Child Care Resource’s Child CareTraining has not been submitted to the Training Office for entry, please submit a copy of the certificate to the Training Office.
- If an IdahoSTARS approved training is missing, make sure you have completed the Reflective Evaluation for the training. Contact the IdahoSTARS Training Office with any other questions.
Step 2: Fill Out and Attach
- All training and college credits are date sensitive. If you have completed more hours/credits than the minimum, you must submit all of the hours/credits completed in the 12 month period with the request
- Duplicate training will not be accepted.
- Fill out theAnniversary/Pathway Level Move/Essential Training Award Application. Child care providers Only - As the Child Care Provider your Supervisor/Director must review your application, then fill out and sign Section D of the form.
Include with your application:
- Documentation of highest diploma/degree (must show graduation date and major) and transcripts for any continuing education (must show declared major)
- Current Basic or Pediatric First Aid card
- Current Infant/Child or Pediatric CPR card
- Current child care facility license (if applicable)
- Current child care worker license (if applicable)
- *All training hours must appear on your training log.
Step 3: Mail
Mail the form and all required documents to:
IdahoSTARS Registry Office
4355 W. Emerald Street, Suite 250
Boise, Idaho 83706
*You may submit your Anniversary Application at any time during your Anniversary cycle.
*Requests must be postmarked no later than the last day of the month of your Anniversary. For example, if the date you first entered the PDS Registry was March 27th (see the date on your Initial Acceptance Letter), you would have until March 31st to mail your Anniversary/Career Pathway Level Move Award Application and required documents to the Registry Office.
Disagree with an Anniversary Incentive Decision
If you disagree with an Anniversary Incentive Decision and believe that your education, training, or other documents should be re-evaluated you may appeal within 10 days of receiving your placement letter. The Registry Review Committee will review your application and you will receive a letter explaining what they decided and why. If you still believe the decision is wrong, an outside third party will be used.
The following documents must be presented for an appeal:
- Cover Letter describing why you wish to appeal.
- Additional documentation about course content, projects, independent study credits, and other items you feel might be helpful.