The IdahoSTARS Strategic Plan is a product of the May 19-21, 2008 IdahoSTARS retreat. The strategic plan includes the work and thinking of the 33 IdahoSTARS staff members and other stakeholders. We review goals once a year to track progress towards meeting the goals.
Strategic Plan Goals
- Parents are knowledgeable about quality child care; they request and choose it.
- A statewide database, which is both comprehensive and integrated, exists and is accessible to multiple users.
Statewide networks meet the needs of child care providers.
- The statewide network of IdahoSTARS approved trainers meets the training needs and requests of child care providers.
- The statewide network of IdahoSTARS approved assessors meets the assessment needs and requests of child care providers.
- The statewide network of IdahoSTARS approved mentor/coaches meets the mentor/coaching needs of child care providers.
- A comprehensive orientation exists for potential child care providers.
- A statewide Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS) supports maintenance of and/or improvement of quality in child care facilities over time.
- A public awareness campaign promotes IdahoSTARS.
- Child care providers receive support to provide inclusive care for children with disabilities and special health care needs.
- All staff members are well paid, trained, supported and involved and informed about operational activities.
- An effective Capitol Campaign exists.
- The IdahoSTARS Project materials and procedures are inclusive and culturally competent.
- IdahoSTARS utilizes data from the project for research to promote quality child care.
- Enough ICCP eligible providers exist to meet the child care needs of parents. Registered ICCP providers’ eligibility is tracked to ensure that providers maintain their current eligibility requirements.
- Stakeholders collaborate to demand best practices for early child care and education.