Trainers are an essential part of the IdahoSTARS mission to improve the quality of child care in Idaho.
Trainers offer child care providers
- Training that providers can apply to their work with children and children’s families.
- Increased awareness of current topics in the Early Care and Education field.
- Practical tools and skills to use the next day in their work with the children and families they serve.
Trainers offer IdahoSTARS
- Current, professional, quality training for child care providers.
- Training which is developed based on their experience and education.
Development of Trainings
When developing training a trainer should:
- Understand the adult learner. (Review The Adult Learner by Robin J. Fogarty and Brian M. Pete; this book is available for checkout from your local Child Care Resource Center (CCRC) office.)
- Include modifications of the training material that will be used to include all children and families: think about poverty, disabilities, family structure, etc.
- Include the three types of learning styles: auditory, kinesthetic, and visual.
- Use current, scholarly sources.
- Review and know the Ten Core Knowledge Components for Early Care and Education (PDF).
Review and know the Idaho Early Learning eGuidelines.
Note: Trainers need to mention the Idaho Early Learning eGuidelines during each training opportunity they conduct.
To complete the Training Approval Packet read and follow steps:
Step 1: Fill out and Attach
Fill out the Training Approval Packet (located at the right of this page).
Attach the following documents:
- Outline of the training.
- List three objectives/key points.
- Brief description of the training content (description will be entered on the Training Calendar).
- Two techniques for auditory learners.
- Two techniques for kinesthetic learners.
- Two techniques for visual learners.
- Cite current scholarly resources used in APA or MLA format.
- Explain how child care providers can use the training material with diverse abilities within the classroom.
List the Idaho Early Learning eGuideline Domains and Indicators which your training will include:
- If applicable, a copy of the out-of-class assignment.
Step 2: Mail, Fax, or Email
- IdahoSTARS Training Office
- Center on Disabilities and Human Development
- University of Idaho
- 1187 Alturas Dr
- Moscow, ID 83843-8331
Email: email@example.com Fax: 208-885-6085
Step 3: IdahoSTARS Processing Time
Allow four to six weeks processing time for the Training Approval Packet.
Note: Make sure to consider the processing time when planning your training dates.
If you have questions, please contact:
IdahoSTARS Training Office
Phone: Call the 2-1-1 Idaho CareLine by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-926-2588
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PT Monday – Friday and ask for the IdahoSTARS Training Office.
Print the following documents: (also located at the right of this page)
- An attendance sheet
- Training Evaluation Information Sheet (PDF)(make a copy for each attendee)
- Training Evaluation Information Sheet (PDF) Spanish (Available soon) (Make a copy for each attendee)
- Each participant is registered on the IdahoSTARS Attendance Sheet.
Each participant receives:
- Training Evaluation and Post-Test Information Sheet
Note: For quality assurance, IdahoSTARS requires that all attendees receive information about completing the training evaluations and post-tests after 2 days following the training.
Enter attendees and payment into Trainer Database (within 2 days) to ensure that attendees receive the training hours and can complete their Training Evaluation and Post-Test. If training has homework, trainer enters completion of homework into Training Database as it is received.