Monthly News and Updates from IdahoSTARS


Versión en Español

Copy of woman and child (2).png


We want you to become a PD Specialist!

Do you have the skills and education to help Idaho’s Early Childhood Workforce gain professional recognition through obtaining a Child Development Associates (CDA) Credential? If you have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field and a passion for professionalizing the early education field, you might have everything you need to observe and verify CDA candidates though the Council. This is a great opportunity to build connections with other professionals, continue to grow your expertise, and earn some extra cash.

Over the past few years many Idaho childcare providers have had the opportunity to achieve a CDA working directly with their IdahoSTARS Child Care Consultants through local CDA Cohorts. As this opportunity continues to grow, our needs have expanded beyond what the Council’s current CDA PD Specialists can accommodate.

For more information about the CDA process, visit the Council for Professional Recognition’s website  and the eligibility criteria and roles and responsibilities of a CDA PD Specialist

If you want additional information and assistance about obtaining your CDA or becoming a CDA PD Specialist, you can also contact your local CCRC office by calling 211.